Last Winter....

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by gratefullydead, Oct 4, 2004.

1. gratefullydead

gratefullydead TPF Noob!

...i got this beautiful shot - what you all think?

Ive had it printed and framed with a beautiful dark red wood(not sure what kind) for a few different people and it turned out absolutely beautiful. Depending on feedback I might consider getting this photo into more frames and selling it through some of the local mountain art shops around here. :)

[​IMG]

2. railman44

railman44 TPF Noob!

I'm no expert so let's get that straight right now. I would like it better if the focus was a little sharper. Also maybe an hour or two later when the sun was overhead or behind you. The sun rays distract me. Anyway, like I said, I'm no expert...

3. Je-C

Je-C TPF Noob!

Maybe a "sharpen" in PS, but other than that, the sun doesn't distract me at all. I really like the photo. As for selling, go for it.

4. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

personally, i would like to see a bit of tweaking in levels and some sharpening. very nice image as is....great composition!

5. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Please do not touch it!

The sun's rays through the winter forest is excellent, it creates a mystical mood through the path not to mention a nice tone. I am not totally sure as too why i really like this picture, but I notice a little symmetrey with the fallen trees along the path, there is one fallen tree that is barely noticable in the background. I also like the fact that there is no sky only a hint of it from the sun.

You could try sharpening it, but it may lose the mystical quality, if anything i would try the opposite way and add noise, but I think you got it right.

This is a picture I will have to view several times

6. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would not touch anything. You have captured a great moment with this one. I do a fair amount of day hiking and always seem to miss these moments.

7. errant_star

errant_star TPF Noob!

I'm with Cruzin and Geronimo on this one ... I really like it just the way it is, the sun rays make the picture imo. They soften the stark contrasts found in a mountain wood through winter and really do lend themselves to that 'mystical' feel already mentioned ... Beautiful!

8. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I like it... nothing to critique imo

9. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

I think it's on the edge of being busy, but I really like it. The light rays make it for me. You did a good job on the rays.

10. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

Sell it for sure. It's too good to keep to yourself (oh.. and us as well now.. lol). It's a wee ripper laddie.

11. azkul

azkul TPF Noob!

Great lighting. I wouldn't change a thing either. Sharpening it might lose that soft look that is created by the rays of light.