Late 1800's - Industry is still booming

RitchieE24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Over the past year, a friend and I have been setting up a new venture... from the 19th century. In a barn that was erected in 1885, you will find us! True, traditional blacksmithing & ironworks. Here are some photos I took the last time I was at the farm helping with the setup.

All of the machinery is well over 100 years old which is pretty exciting. Some of the tools are from approximately 1915 - 1925.

Here are the photos:
Anvil 2.jpg

Peter Wright anvil - Early 1900's

Drill Press 1.jpg

W.F. & Barnes No. 7 drill press - late 1800's

Portable Forge 1.jpg

Canadian Blower & Forge Co. LTD. Blower on the backup/portable forge - est. Early 1900's

Oil 1.jpg

Linseed oil - Brand new!

I have been having a lot of fun here. Hopefully someone likes a photo or two.

Cheers,

Neat - lots of cool things to shoot there. Don't be afraid to open up your composition a bit so you include all of the forge blower, drill-press belt-pulley, etc.

Neat - lots of cool things to shoot there. Don't be afraid to open up your composition a bit so you include all of the forge blower, drill-press belt-pulley, etc.

BTW... I suspect that forge blower with the original mounting plate on the blower tube is actually quite a rare item.

Thanks! I will absolutely do that. I have a bad habit of going to close to things. Then when I straighten things up on the computer, I lose edges - oops!

Once the forge is fired up, I'll be back in there with my camera! I want sparks and fire!

BTW... I suspect that forge blower with the original mounting plate on the blower tube is actually quite a rare item.

Quite possibly! The neat thing about it is, it was built right near where I live. They were Buffalo Blower & Forge until the Canadians bought them. Funny, the opposite happens now!

Very cool. Would be interesting to see those in action too. Nice photos and great subjects to do some more shots.

Love the anvil. What a beauty? Well done.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back