Late again, but not forgotten: MOTW now - Mitica100!!!

-What are the first five things you look at when you log on to TPF?

The Collectors Corner, of course. Then the rest.:lol:

-Take a picture of where you keep the violin on your chin and then the other side (let's see if we can spot the difference, if any)

Will do...

-Favourite first name? (not your own)

Emma

-Favourite man/woman from Romania? (any era)

Man: Georges Enesco, Romanian composer. Woman: my mom.

-Take a pic of your ugliest shirt

Ouch! That'd be my all-white performing shirt, will do soon...

-Violin or Harley?

At this age? Harley!!:lmao:

pascal

;)

Some of my music:

MOTW03.jpg

Ah! The socks! Way cool!!! :lol: Thank you so!

Which colour socks do you like best then?

Hmm... Is this a socks fetish thread now? :raisedbrow: :lol:

Well, pretty much like my photography, white socks for my sneakers and black socks for the formal wear (concert wear). But for 'that' special occasion, be that hiking or motorcycling, color doesn't matter, I have several tan or grey socks. They are ultra comfy.

Why do you think this is a sock fetish thread when statisticaly we have more questions about music?

Do you play any other instruments?

What kind of Harley do you have?

Take a picture of your underwa... kitchen.

Why do you think this is a sock fetish thread when statisticaly we have more questions about music?

Do you play any other instruments? Yes, viola and viola d'amore.

What kind of Harley do you have? Sportster Hugger

Take a picture of your underwa... kitchen.

I assume you meant underwater kitchen so I opened the faucets all the way:

MOTW04UW.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, here is the kitchen...

MOTW04.jpg

I assume you meant underwater kitchen so I opened the faucets all the way:

I was going to say underware drawer, but I decided that I would not like to see that... :lol:

What's the difference between a viola and viola d'armore?

Viola d'amore:

V%20viola%20d%20amore2%20F.JPG

Has 7 strings plus 7 resonantly sympathetic under the first set of strings. Is tuned rather in a specific key such as C minor, C major, D minor, D major and so on. Very few pieces written for it, regarded as a Baroque instrument.

Viola:

viola-1996_03.jpg

Slightly larger than a violin, 4 strings tuned in fifths: A, D, G, C. Vast repertoire written for viola.

What's the meaning of your screen name?

Mitica means 'little Dimitri' in Romania. The 100 was added because on AOL the name Mitica was taken.

Could you take a picture of your next meal.. before you eat it?

Working on it... ;)

How did you acquire your 1800's violin?

I was looking for a violin for one of my students and I tried this one, which was outrageously out of my student's range. It was waaay out of my range as well but upon playing it I knew that's going to be my violin. Sort of like an instant bond.

I was looking for a violin for one of my students and I tried this one, which was outrageously out of my student's range. It was waaay out of my range as well but upon playing it I knew that's going to be my violin. Sort of like an instant bond.

Is it worth enquiring as to exactly how outrageous that might be? I know some don't understand how I spend the figures I have on some of my guitars, but I know that's probably small beer compared to what you'd have to pay for something like you have.

Is it worth enquiring as to exactly how outrageous that might be? I know some don't understand how I spend the figures I have on some of my guitars, but I know that's probably small beer compared to what you'd have to pay for something like you have.

Well, the dealer wanted $36,000 for it and I was able to get it for $32,000. It has appreciated today to approx. $55,000.

Most reactions

Back