Latest photography baby (studio work)

Vaporous

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.melisjphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first baby photography, although I'm not new to photography baby pics is a new thing for me;) I do alot of studio work as a few folks know, but mostly adults, so this was a nice challenge for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for looking.

G-8-SIG.jpg

G-2-SIG.jpg

G-5-SIG2.jpg

G-3-SIG.jpg

G-7-SIG.jpg

G-4-SIG.jpg

Very nice photos. You're at a level beyond my critique, but I just wanted to say they're nice and sharp, have great color, and really show the baby being very natural-looking. I would totally buy the whole set! :)

*Senor Hound tries to order 20 of each, before realizing he doesn't even know the child in the photos*

Excellent series Melis! Im just amazed at the level of quality in these. Sharp, colorful, and focused extremely well.

I would clean up the couple of flakes on and under the kid's nose in #2, and probably resize all of them to 800 px or less on the long side for web viewing.

But overall, I'd say these rank right up there with top level pro work. Nice job! Im sure the parents are thrilled.

NJ

A fabulous set so sharp and well exposed only one thing is niggling me a little and thats the catchlights in babys eyes I find them a little distracting! :)

There is a red cast on all of the color ones. The b&w ones need more contrast, as perhaps does the sepia. but I don't think the sepia works (personal opinion) might look better as a black and white with a little warming.

I think the crop on the 2nd doesn't work, and the last one is the best overall. Nice sharpness and clarity, good job!

EXCELLENT. it amazes me sometimes how sharp some people seem to get their portraits. is there some sort of technique involved? i used to think it was all glass but im beginning to think otherwise.

this was already mentioned but i do find the catch light very distracting in all of these.

Thank you all for the comments and info I wish I could be on the forum more often but I just get to post every now and then cause I'm so busy lately.

NJ-thanks for the support you know how I've worked lately:wink:

Do'Udren's Eyes-I think quality comes from alot of different elements. That pic was taken with a 18-135mm on my D80 but with good lighting and skill. I feel that lighting is key with any lens you use especially in a studio or controlled environment practice and focus is key.

Tomorrow my Nikon D3 arrives! I am thoroughly thrilled and will do this justice.

I can't critique them, as I'm not knowledgeable enough - but wanted to say they are beautiful, and as a parent....I'd order them all! Nice work! :)

These are great! So sharp. I find the catchlights a little distracting as well, but I'm also sitting too close to my monitor... I'd bet on a print they'd be fine. Anyway, awesome pictures, again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back