latest portrait

KaleyEs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
c&c please!

Doug6.jpg

I'm sorry but I really can't see anything special in this photo at all.

If you want it blunt, it's simply awful. I can't find even 1 redeeming quality about it. Pose is bad, as stated above it looks like a mug shot. The lighting is way too strong.

You should quickly put a copy right on this photo and send it to Vogue.

I'm not going to pretend I know something I don't; The shot is awkard, stark, and harsh- And I think a very good work.

Sometimes life is what it is. At least you have the guts to put something out there that not may fit into the common aesthetic.

BTW, I went through some of your other posts to see what I could see- Loved that Holga double exposure.

thanks, abraxas. i wasn't going for the standard portrait photo at all... and i intended for it to be blown out. i wanted it to be more artsy and different than conventionally pretty.

Maybe turning it into a black and white would give a different feel to it? And trying to remove the shadow. It's a different idea, but it doesnt mean its a bad idea. People see things differently.

I'm not going to pretend I know something I don't; The shot is awkard, stark, and harsh- And I think a very good work.

Sometimes life is what it is. At least you have the guts to put something out there that not may fit into the common aesthetic.

BTW, I went through some of your other posts to see what I could see- Loved that Holga double exposure.

Well said. Blown out or not (who cares?), the shot has some heavy feeling. The mug shot comparison is apt. It looks like someone under the heavy light who simply doesn't care enough to move.

I like it Kaley.

I love the fact that you want to try something different and new. I am just not sure of what you are trying to portray. I don't find a connection to the picture. I just feel confused when I look at it.

Most reactions

Back