Latest Portraits: Kailynn and Jack

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some of my latest portraits of young people. The mother saw some of my senior portrait photos, and said "My daughter is only 14. Can you make the pictures of her look like your senior portraits without making her look like a senior?" I smiled and said, "Yes, I think so." LOL. Her little brother wouldnt be able to look like a senior no matter what I did. ;) C&C always welcome. I really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

IMG_4950_2_700_vig_f_sig.jpg

IMG_5017_2_700_vig_f_sig.jpg

IMG_5044_2_700_vig_sig.jpg

IMG_5051_2_700_vig_sig.jpg

IMG_5087_2_700_vig_sig.jpg

IMG_5125_2_700_vig_sig.jpg

IMG_5162_2_700_vig_sig.jpg

IMG_5195_2_700_vig_f_sig.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

#2 for the boy and #4 for the girl. i'm still loving your skin processing. i'll get there, my friend. :) great job, mom will love these (and so will the kiddos)!

wow. skin looks like a model type thing. She definitely doesn't look 14...either she naturally looks old, or you're just that good.

#2 for the boy and #4 for the girl. i'm still loving your skin processing. i'll get there, my friend. :) great job, mom will love these (and so will the kiddos)!

Thank you abby! Much appreciated. I will say that the mother was quite tickled about seeing these. :)

wow. skin looks like a model type thing. She definitely doesn't look 14...either she naturally looks old, or you're just that good.

She has very fair skin, thats for sure. But she also had some acne that I knew I had to clean up. I always try to take a very careful approach when cleaning up skin. Other than that, the camera agreed with her skin very well.

"or you're just that good"....ha ha! Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am my own worst critic. So I would never say that about myself. But thank you for saying that. I appreciate the kind words! :)

the pictures look great! her eyelashes have me cringing though LOL

Great Work njman! These are a really awesome set of ports and I bet they were thrilled! Keep Posting. xxx

#2 and #7 are my favourites.

The leaves, her skin tone and hair colour...slammin'!

Nicely done! You've got a good handle on background lighting ratio.

Have you ever worked with a large gobo? It may just be the last bit to make all of these truly amazing.

And... some very nice posing too!

The first is my favorite, but ya gotta love that background in #7.

-Pete

the pictures look great! her eyelashes have me cringing though LOL

Thanks tkme4ard! Really appreciate the comments. :)

Great Work njman! These are a really awesome set of ports and I bet they were thrilled! Keep Posting. xxx

Thank you BOUNCE! I so appreciate you taking the time to comment. It means a lot. :)

#2 and #7 are my favourites.

The leaves, her skin tone and hair colour...slammin'!

Thank you DigitalDiva. I appreciate your kind words!

Nicely done! You've got a good handle on background lighting ratio.

Have you ever worked with a large gobo? It may just be the last bit to make all of these truly amazing.

And... some very nice posing too!

The first is my favorite, but ya gotta love that background in #7.

-Pete

Thanks Pete! Always a pleasure to see your comments. It means a great deal to me. :)

No, I havent used a large gobo. What kind do you suggest?

I like #8 the best. She's softened her "I'm gonna get you" eyes a bit, which makes it a more pleasing photograph of such a pretty girl. :)

Not crazy about how the pose makes her upper arm look in #5.

Love the fall leaves background! Don't you just love this time of year? :)

Well... mine is rather old. I don't know if they're still available. It's a black Larson Reflectasol... about 3x3. I use it to make the lighting on the face more directional... subtractive lighting approach.

Thanks for the input Pete. I think I can get away with using my reflector disk and black covering. Its 42 inches, so its quite large. JubbaKing was also telling me about subtractive lighting. I just dont think about applying it, and I should! ;) Thanks again.

NJ

I like #8 the best. She's softened her "I'm gonna get you" eyes a bit, which makes it a more pleasing photograph of such a pretty girl. :)

Not crazy about how the pose makes her upper arm look in #5.

Love the fall leaves background! Don't you just love this time of year? :)

Thanks Marian for the nice comments and critique. Yes, this time of year is great for outdoor portraits, but it doesnt last too long! ;)

2 and 8 for me! Good job. :)

Great work NJMAN. The colors and eyes are awesome as always. Something we have come to 'expect' in your work, haha. I love #7 the most. The girl is tack sharp and the background is perfectly seasonal for fall. I can't wait to get those colors here.

Most reactions

Back