Latest Wedding

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Sun Devil Rob, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Sun Devil Rob

Sun Devil Rob TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here are a few from last Saturday's wedding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. littlesandra

littlesandra TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm finding these a little too soft, and dark. I also dislike in the first photo, the two blown out spots on the left and right in the sky. Her dress in #2 is blown out, the men to the left of her are extremely dark and #3 is not really in focus :(

3. John_Olexa

John_Olexa No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the concept in them. The first one makes me want to look for the mob boss though! hehehe :wink: LOL

But I like the idea you had in the other 2. Would like to have seen the second one just a little bit more centered with reguards to the 2 pillers the guy on the right is blocking one while theres space on the other side. See what I mean?

I really like your idea in #3!!

4. Sun Devil Rob

Sun Devil Rob TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sandra- First of all thank you for providing feedback. I do agree that the sky in the 1st photo is a little blown out, a consequence I couldn't avoid to obtain this shot at this location. As for the photos being soft and dark, well...that's just my style. I learned the selective focus technique from acclaimed wedding photographer David Anthony Williams. I understand that it is not pleasing to all. I don't like broccoli, but I will not discredit it's value as a worthy vegetable.

John- Thank you for your professional feedback. It's always nice to know how another photographer would handle one of your shots. Photo 1 does have a "mob" feel to it. Though not my personal taste, the groom was a big Sinatra fan. I wanted to capture a glimpse of that in at least one shot. It's not quite a "rat pack" shot, but the groom loved it.

I agree that #2 would be a better picture if the bride and groomsmen were more centered. I'll have to keep that in the back of my mind.

5. NateS

NateS TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    While I can't understand not wanting sharp photos, I guess I can say that you did a good job of not having them sharp....I guess (I don't really know what to say about that).

I agree about the blown out sky in #1. I think it would be more appealing as a cropped wider shot to get rid of the blown out sky.

2 (as said before) has too strong of contrast I think. Blown whites and undexposed blacks.

3 looks good and the best of these IMO, but is kind of a cliche wedding photo. The brick on the right is a little distracting and a slight crop of it might be more appealing....or black it out in PP.

6. Sun Devil Rob

Sun Devil Rob TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the cropping suggestion in #1 Nate. The selective soft focus has proven to be successful with my portraiture work. Again I understand it doesn't suit everyone's taste. Weddings in general are cliche. They all follow the same flow and timelines. All brides spend that anxiety riddled time in front of the mirror. In this case, the bride's face was showing that anxiety, as well as a hint of anticipation that needed to be captured. I think it's important for all wedding photographers to remember that cliche sells.

7. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the first one is a neat idea but I might have cropped it tighter. The second one is also a nice pose but I think if you had moved the camera down to avoid chopping the bottom of their legs off and as someone sles mentioned, centering them a little. Also I think if you play in the shadows/highlights a little you could bring out more details in the faces as the brides eyes don't have a lot of detail and appear more like black spots. Good expression you got from the group.
    The last one is one all brides like to see. But again - shadow/highlights play might help eliminate the contrasted shadows and bring out some detail in her eyes.

8. federerphotography

federerphotography TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    While I like the first one... I think it's clear something is not right. The fact people are worried about detail in the sky (as if some detail in the sky would help this image??) here shows that the picture doesn't quite have the interest it perhaps should. A closer/wider crop might have brought more attention to the people. As it is, they blend into the background a little too much.... perhaps moving the left-most man forward (towards camera) a bit, and the right-most man forward one step and right one step would have helped.

I like #2 but would like to see it recropped and straightened. Perhaps just a 'pop' of fill-flash would have helped bring out here eyes a bit more.

#3 is the standard mirror shot. You got it.