Lauren

photographiti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first attempt at indoor, 'studio' style portraits. C/C welcome.

2703492609_69307de4ba.jpg

Last edited:
Overall I like it. Good lighting, and the pose is nice, albeit perhaps cropped a little tight on the sides, but my concern is the way the orange of her outfit and reddish hue of her hair seem to clash with the green in the background. I think this should have been set against black.

Thanks iron! The green background is a bedsheet, it's all I had to work with. My whole setup was pretty makeshift. My main light was a 420 bounced off of one of those car windshield sun reflector things, and they were propped up on music stands, lol. But it worked great.

but my concern is the way the orange of her outfit and reddish hue of her hair seem to clash with the green in the background. I think this should have been set against black.

i must disagree quite strongly. redheads so often have a green to grey green eye shade. it goes wonderfully with their colouring. black would have been a bore by comparison and not accented the colourful personality so often displayed by such firey individuals. also her necklace is also a shade of grey green. she know what colours to wear. while we're on the subject of colour though, i think her skin tone is a touch yellow. it could use a bit of blue added. if the warmth is what you were going for than add a slight touch of red along with the blue to warm it up again. this will also deyellow the green background which might make it a more pleasing contrast to the orange red tones of lauren. colour balance tool would work well. a slight boost of both red and blue in both midtones and highlights. (i do agree about the crop though. she needs room)

PS my sister and you would get along photographiti. she's obsessed about keeping her ipod to a mirror finish as well.

Last edited:
From what you were working with, I think this is a great shot! Nice catch light in the eyes. I do agree though about being maybe a little to cropped on the sides. But then again you see shots cropped like that all the time inside magazines.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back