LAX Action

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to my first lacrosse game today, found out very quickly that this was a very fast paced sport and difficult to shoot, but got some great practice
lax_4_web.jpg

lax_2_web.jpg

lax_1_web.jpg

The third shot is my favorite...the two guys in the background, the one in red, and the referee yelling, actually kind of add to the scene. The angled legs and body of the guy from Marshfield add a lot of apparent, implied motion dynamism. The first two shots are simply not as cohesive. Sports like LAX have a lot of jumbled, messy action, and so it's hard to get frames where everything really comes together. In fact, I think it might be one of the hardest field sports to shoot.

I second Derrell's comment.

I especially like the power of the Marshfield player, lowering his center of gravity to make the turn...

P.S.
Look at # 18 in photos #2 & #3. Did anyone tell him it is an action sport? ;)

Agree with Derrel and PBElarge. I like 2 also but the cropped-off P's head. Although cropping a bit of grass off the bottom might balance things out. But then the format is no longer 3:2 if that matters at all. They're both decent shots imo.

nice shots.

The third shot is my favorite...the two guys in the background, the one in red, and the referee yelling, actually kind of add to the scene. The angled legs and body of the guy from Marshfield add a lot of apparent, implied motion dynamism. The first two shots are simply not as cohesive. Sports like LAX have a lot of jumbled, messy action, and so it's hard to get frames where everything really comes together. In fact, I think it might be one of the hardest field sports to shoot.

thanks, was hard get focus on players because they were all over the place

Most reactions

Back