colonelcamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm wondering if the LCD brightness should be a certain level. I have mine as bright as it will go.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi,

I'm wondering if the LCD brightness should be a certain level. I have mine as bright as it will go.

Thanks,
Danny
That works, but beyond checking general composition, zooming in to check focus, or for closed eyes, they are pretty much useless, particularly if you shoot RAW.

D'oh... for some reason my mind lept to LCD Monitor as in 'computer' not LCD as in 'preview'....

Set it at whatever works for you. But as Keith alluded to, don't use the camera's LCD to judge the brightness/color of your images. Instead, use the histogram view.

Understanding Histograms

That's one of the things I have learned about recently. I was at the zoo taking some pics and they looked great on the LCD. When I got home, there were a lot of really dark shots that were bad and the histogram bared this out. I did not look at the histogram during the shoot. Did some research and I went back the next day and really paid attention to the histogram and ignored the image on the LCD. Dramatically better.

Thanks,
Danny

Most reactions

Back