LCD cover

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by ipon, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ipon

ipon TPF Noob!

who uses LCD covers for there D50? where did you get it? i saw one on B&H but it was for D70, would it fit a D50 also? any how they are out of stock over at B&H...

2. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I don't believe the D50 comes with a plastic cover option the way the D70 does, but I could be wrong. My wife has one, but I don't see any points to clip to. If I'm correct on that, my suggestion would be to look into the plastic covers that are similar to what they use for the palm pilot screens. I'd imagine someone is making them specifically for the D50 by now.

3. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  4. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

I was just about to ask this very question as my D50 just found it's way onto my doorstep. I was hoping I could pick one up at Henry's or the like ( in Canada ).

Although, I was thinking of it as a little transparent sticker-like square that you just stick on the LCD screen........?

5. ipon

ipon TPF Noob!

well not exactly but this would do since they don't have a cheap one like the D70. yea beginning to see scratches, need one before i find more and deeper scratches. thanks Peanut

6. ipon

ipon TPF Noob!

does that flip up hood from hood man have another protective shield when the door is open or does it open directly to the cameras LCD?

7. cbay

cbay TPF Noob!

I believe they open directly onto the LCD Display with no additional protection it only really protect it when it is shut.

8. ipon

ipon TPF Noob!

i just got the hood today well last night, it does have another sheild before the actual camera LCD face..i like it, it fit nicely, looks good..