LCD Resolution

nakedyak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I figure someone here probably knows how to help me.

I just got a new monitor, a 19" widescreen Hanns G monitor. It looks cool. The advertised maximum resolution was 1440x900. When I try to increase the resolution in the display properties, the max that I can get is 1360x768.

Is my video card just too old to display anything higher? Is there something i'm doing wrong?

As far as I know I loaded all the drivers for the monitor correctly. Any suggestions?

i have the latest drivers installed, i think my video card is Nvidia 64mb, but ill check on the specific name later. is it possible that my video card just can't handle anything higher? I used to be able to do pretty high resolution stuff on my CRT though...

Older cards aren't geared towards widescreen. I wouldn't be surprised if that's as high as the card can go in that ratio. If you get the specific name, you can look up all the possible resolutions it can do.

I have the Nvidia GeForce 2 MX400, and according to the product overview, which you can see here, it says its maximum resolution its capable of displaying is 2048 x 1536 @ 75Hz

So am I reading that wrong or is there something i'm not doing right with my monitor?

That particular chip dates to 1997 or 1996. Back when widescreen was almost non-existent. I'd consider upgrading the card.

Tiberius said:
That particular chip dates to 1997 or 1996. Back when widescreen was almost non-existent. I'd consider upgrading the card.
Yeah, I think that's a better choice. Some cards just won't let you imput custom resolutions. If you've tried everything else, that's what's left.

I dont think its quite that old, i got the computer in 2002 and it was close to the best graphics card that Dell had available at that time....

so any recommendations for new graphics cards then? ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back