LCD screen protection for 5D mk II

eswebster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there consensus on what the best screen protection product/brand is? I have noticed a few small scratches on the screen and want to make sure I stop it from getting worse. I try to be careful but when backpacking and taking 1000's of shots it just happens.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I hadn't see that other thread, but I'm glad I did.

I have never used screen protectors, mainly because I don't think they are needed. If something is going to seriously damage the screen...it will probably do it right though any of those plastic protectors. I've been using DSLR cameras for 7-8 years and I really don't baby my gear either. There might be some minor scratches on my screens...but I can't think of any off the top of my head...so they surely don't bother me.

I had also heard that it was cheap and easy to replace the whole screen...but I had never seen it done. So thanks Buckster, that was great.

Thanks buckster. My only concern is for resale value. Any scratches on the screen, or as i learn now the screen protector, are very minor and can only be seen with the LCD off.

If you are only worried about re-sale value, then buy a screen ($20) and don't put it in until you plan to sell it. I wouldn't even tell people that you put in a new screen, as that implies that the camera took a pretty big impact.

But really, I'd guess that your camera has just as many scratches as every other used camera out there....so it's not a big deal.

I currently use GEARMAXX for all my gadgets including the LCD of my cameras and would recommend them as they're quality and you can get them customized to your own needs. Here it's the link

Whichever you go for, you shouldn't really want to spend more than $20 for screen protection.

Most reactions

Back