LDR

read the entire thread before you post (even if it has 100 pages)

You should see the great LDR images I got during a recent blackout

No no no! You guys are doing the boring end of LDR. I'm excited about a shot I just tried yesterday. I aimed my telescope directly at the sun and exposed a shot for 30 minutes at f/6.3. I'd like to post the image, but can't seem to get the CF card out of my 5D.

No no no! You guys are doing the boring end of LDR. I'm excited about a shot I just tried yesterday. I aimed my telescope directly at the sun and exposed a shot for 30 minutes at f/6.3. I'd like to post the image, but can't seem to get the CF card out of my 5D.
well that wasn't really LDR because you need more than 13 exposures...a lot more.

Alright josh, forgive me I have only read half of the first page of replies but I'll give you a serious answer.

It can be done multiple ways.

One way is one shot and some tinkering with with the tonal range in photoshop.

another is one shot tinkering with exposure in photoshop then merging in Photomatix and using the tone compressor

and another is multiple exposures then merging in Photomatix and using the tone compressor.

It's a lot of work that many around here will tell you is unnecessary but I personally find it useful in my own way and I think it's safe to assume you have your own thoughts on it as well.

Some of my LDR's are loafitn around

Here are a couple

The Chirping Silhouette by Battou - Photo Lucidity

Untitled #12 by Battou - Photo Lucidity

A Life on the Line by Battou - Photo Lucidity

Battou,

your terrific, looks just like film

Here are a couple

What's with all the noise? Try lowering your ISO next time. Geesh...noob.

:lmao:

Actually, the best LDR is shot with an ISO of about 250,000 ... if your camera doesn't allow for that, I can recommend the new "Inverse Noiseware Pro" ... It pixelates even the most stubborn images ...

Noobs. I retrofitted my 450D's sensor last night to take shots at ISO 6553600 last night. The dynamic range is so low, there's no noise at all. Time to go nail some LDR fashion shoots. Vogue will love it!

I took the sensor out of my 30D. It now has essentially NO dynamic range. It's wonderful. As an added benefit, I was able to get rid of my Arctic Butterfly and all the other useless sensor cleaning crap I had accumulated.

icassell, looking forward to seeing some of these images with your "new" camera

I'm now adapting this with my telescope to take stunningly black images of black holes.

You MUST post the results!!

A black hole would be the ultimate LDR!

I mean, damn, the dynamic range would have to be zero, right??

Unfortunately the Hawking radiation would spoil the 'total' LDR effect. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back