Leaderboard

In an earlier post I sorta explained why the Pacific keeps coastal California cooler than blazing hot in the summer. In winter the Pacific keeps coastal California from freezing because now it is warmer than the air.

53F here right now, which is already colder than I like my weather to be. Should get to the mid-70s, which is about normal for this time of year. But a pretty "cold" (but sunnier) weekend on tap--high on Sunday only about 63. BRRR!

Our weather this time of year can be all over the map. We might have a high of 80+ one day, and within two days, we may get a low near freezing. If you don't like the weather here, you just have to wait a few minutes and it'll change.

My daughter is in St. Louis ... similar there. We don't have those wild temp/weather changes here. But along the coast, a daily 20F to often a 30F change is common.

53F here right now, which is already colder than I like my weather to be. Should get to the mid-70s, which is about normal for this time of year. But a pretty "cold" (but sunnier) weekend on tap--high on Sunday only about 63. BRRR!

Our weather this time of year can be all over the map. We might have a high of 80+ one day, and within two days, we may get a low near freezing. If you don't like the weather here, you just have to wait a few minutes and it'll change.

Can we switch please? We are supposed to be in the 50s and 60s at this point, but instead it's 71 and disgustingly humid. It's horrible. It's supposed to be in the 50s starting on Sunday and I.Cannot.Wait.

I'm always happy to watch the door slam summer on its arse as it leaves.

Can we switch please? We are supposed to be in the 50s and 60s at this point, but instead it's 71 and disgustingly humid. It's horrible. It's supposed to be in the 50s starting on Sunday and I.Cannot.Wait.

I'm always happy to watch the door slam summer on its arse as it leaves.
I would love to. Summer is my absolute favorite time of year. No other season even comes close! I can't even enjoy the fall colors, but all I can think about is the impending doom and cold of winter.

That's how I am in spring. I despise summer with every fiber of my being. The coming of spring just means summer is next. It's horrifying.

SUSHI DAY IN THE WORK CAFETERIA!!! BOOYAH!

I asked the Chef to surprise me. Shrimp Tempura with Roe and vegetables wrapped with seaweed and rice, topped with Eel, Yellowfin and Salmon drizzled with unagi sauce and a wee bit of tempura flakes.

WOOT!

I've got Crucify You Mind by Rodriguez.

If you all haven't seen it or heard of it, I highly suggest the documentary Searching for Sugar Man.

Didn't realize it would embed. Anyway, I suggest you don't watch it on a tiny embedded screen :) But yes, it's free on You Tube and you should full screen that sh!t.

Better quality somewhere else. Can rent it on Amazon and it's probably on Netflix, which I don't have so I have no idea. Anyway, it's good. Y'all should watch it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back