Leaderboard

IMG_8525-X3.jpg

Hey Leaderboarders. What should I do? I have a Ghost Pepper growing in a planter by the front door. It is doing exceptionally well. Six feet plus tall with fruit. The peppers are rendered useless because they're so jammin' hot. But it is a bit of a novelty and it is useful to threaten others with the fruit. I'm thinking of pulling it?
Nooooooo!! Don't do that! Ghost Peppers are jammin' awesome! Make hot sauce. A little goes a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg way.

Anybody want to check my math to make sure I have this correct?

T = L / (S * 1.466667) where T is time to travel a segment in seconds; L is length of the segment in feet; and S is the speed in miles per hour.

So, T = 5280 / (60 * 1.466667) = 5280 / 88.00002 = 59.999986, which is close enough to 60.
Yes, it takes 60 seconds to travel one mile at 60 MPH.
Wait, what? That doesn't make sense. What's the 1.466667? What are you trying to calculate?

THIS is the Leaderboard thread. Making sense is not a requirement.

Anybody want to check my math to make sure I have this correct?

T = L / (S * 1.466667) where T is time to travel a segment in seconds; L is length of the segment in feet; and S is the speed in miles per hour.

So, T = 5280 / (60 * 1.466667) = 5280 / 88.00002 = 59.999986, which is close enough to 60.
Yes, it takes 60 seconds to travel one mile at 60 MPH.
Wait, what? That doesn't make sense. What's the 1.466667? What are you trying to calculate?

THIS is the Leaderboard thread. Making sense is not a requirement.
Touche.

This is the second time I was able to use this term today.

The hardest part of it was not feeling ashamed when buying cheap vodka. I felt compelled to explain myself.

Yeah, because somehow, explaining that you're just buying it to mix with essential oils and spray around your home as a bug deterrent--that makes it far less shameful. Crazier than a live sock monkey, but less shameful. :D

Don't have a problem with stink bugs.

They used to never be much of a problem, but in the past 3 or 4 years, they have really become a huge nuisance out here, and it's nearly impossible to keep them out of your home. I jammin' hate the things!!

The hardest part of it was not feeling ashamed when buying cheap vodka. I felt compelled to explain myself.

Yeah, because somehow, explaining that you're just buying it to mix with essential oils and spray around your home as a bug deterrent--that makes it far less shameful. Crazier than a live sock monkey, but less shameful. :D

Hey, I'd rather be crazy than be someone who drinks Georgi! :laughing:

Come hell or high water, my essays are getting done today. I totally slacked on Tuesday, so today I have to suffer for Tuesday's slackage and to prevent next week's suckage.

So I might be staying up late to finish. By that time, I'll be punchy, and that always enhances my postwhoring skills.

Who is your personal hero?

Mine, at this moment, is Ron Swanson.

I thought about going to a high school football game tonight, but it turns out, it's the featured TV game so I'll stay home and watch it on TV. Cheaper, warmer and far less crowded--that's lots of so much win! So maybe I can keep posting tonight.

The high school my boys both graduated from, which was absolutely TERRIBLE at football when they were there, is undefeated this year, and this is the last game in the regular season, so I gotta watch!
I am not exaggerating when I say that I am not sure they had as many wins, TOTAL, in the six years my two kids would have been there, as they've had this year alone. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back