Leaf closeup..

The horizon is the first thing I see, the leaf is the last.

what would you recommend ? cropping out the horizon.. i thought that was something that made the photo more interesting..

Its a little dull, and the leaf isn't too interesting.

If you want to make the horizon part of the image you might want to have it sharp. Some very nice images can be created by a wideangle lens, stopped down to maximize dof and placing an interesting object in the foreground, just as your doing with the leaf. Youre image does not have a lot of visual elements so you'll need to increase the contrast and saturation to give the image more punch.

If you want to make the horizon part of the image you might want to have it sharp. Some very nice images can be created by a wideangle lens, stopped down to maximize dof and placing an interesting object in the foreground, just as your doing with the leaf. Youre image does not have a lot of visual elements so you'll need to increase the contrast and saturation to give the image more punch.

OK, ill give this a go in PS

Just realised i messed the horizon up in PS before i posted it..lol ill sort it whilst doing the contrast and saturation

OK, edited it:

New 1:
13034bal6.jpg

Old 1:
13034aqi8.jpg

(Link in first post is now newly edited 1)

Try giving us a comparison.

2 is subtantially better, but I also agree with a5i736, the leaf isn't really interesting, you might be able to find better ones out there.

It's still a really great photo, and a great idea.

Well, to say the truth, the photo doesnt say anything to me, no meaning, nothing. The lighting isnt too good either.

here we go. eliminated the blown out horizon (it would have worked it it was blue and not white) and uped the saturation as well as the contrast overall.

13034aqi8.jpg

EDIT: after reading some of the posts about the leaf being boring I decided it could use a little darkening to bolden it up

darkerleaf.jpg

Try giving us a comparison.

2 is subtantially better, but I also agree with a5i736, the leaf isn't really interesting, you might be able to find better ones out there.

It's still a really great photo, and a great idea.

THANK YOU

Most reactions

Back