Leaf on the concrete

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by shaner, Feb 4, 2006.

1. shaner

shaner TPF Noob!

Gimme your honest input
    [​IMG]

2. alexecho

alexecho TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm afraid it does nothing for me at all, expecially as my eye is drawn to the top left where the yellow whatever is, it's the only colour in the frame. I might have liked it better if it was shot so you could see more of the leaf instead of just the edge of it.

3. Fate

Fate TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I kinda like it actually. I like the DOF on it. Only advice would be to crop the top bit slightly to get rid of that little bit of yellow in the top left hand corner

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, to be honest I must say, too, that the leading line distracts heaps from what you actually took for your motif. And the motif as such is hardly to be seen.
    The yellow edge in the top corner can easily be taken away by cropping, but that does not change the line with those funny brown artefacts on it nor the point of view (pow).

5. ffureel

ffureel TPF Noob!

I like the line, but the leaf is the focus but there is not enough of it to look interesting

6. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm going to say this as a positive.... I could not have made the shot... Im way to old and fat so I envy you the ability to see things I can no longer see...

7. shaner

shaner TPF Noob!

Yeah thank i didnt even notice the yellow at the top left. I mostly wanted to get the shadow under the leaf rather than the leaf itself. like its some sort of shelter above whatever tiny ceatures that live within the cut in the concrete. dunno thought it would be neat

8. Joerocket

Joerocket TPF Noob!

even if thats what your going for, there is hardly any leaf over the crack to portray what you are saying, i think this shot could have looked really cool maybe if you put the leaf on a solid peice of stone so the eye is drawn to the leaf rather than the gap, I'd keep the same dof though. interesting perspective you've got, keep shooting!

-Joe