Leafy...(some clever quip here to make people click) ;)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Alright, I'm not sure about this one. I really like it, but I think it could be better :)
Let me have it!!!

Leaf.jpg

Oh, and anyone with title suggestions will be justly..."rewarded..." :lmao:

I like the shot better in color because it provide more contrast, however I think the DOF is off. The front of the leaf seems a little blurry and the wood that is way out of focus is slightly distracting.

I like the shadow of the leafy. The selective focus is on point. I am not sure if it seems natural. Fill us in on all the exif and post processing details.

"Ooh, I got it!!! B&W (that's the answer to everything, isn't it?)" That is a bold statement. I hate to divert from your thread... Most of us percieve the world in colour. Does converting your shot to greyscale automatically make the frame more dramatic?

darin, the wood looks weird because it's concrete ;)
anyways, yeah, I wish I had used slightly greater DOF, but I can't go back now! Thanks!

craig, here's the exif data:
Focal Length 70 mm on Nikkor 18-70mm
F/4.5
1/400 sec
Oh, end the B&W is the answer to everything is kind of a joke. Nearly everytime a comparison post is made, everyone flocks to the B&W. But I do think this shot works either way.

Nice! Wide open apertures can be killers. I think you used it well in this shot. Plus I could never figure out shallow depth of feild, so I stop down. I am a little jealous. I may be getting tired of seeing the world at ƒ11.

Again; I missed the joke. That always happens to me... Anyway; the shot does work both ways. I like the colour version. As long as there is even a splash of colour I will keep it RGB

craig said:
"Ooh, I got it!!! B&W (that's the answer to everything, isn't it?)" That is a bold statement. I hate to divert from your thread... Most of us percieve the world in colour. Does converting your shot to greyscale automatically make the frame more dramatic?
It is the accepted norm that when people say 'Art Photography' they think of B&W. Colour is too real sometimes - apparently.

Wow, lots of responses on this post not pertaining to the photo, I guess I will attempt to stick to the business at hand (I know its a first for me). I love the composition, very nicely done with the DOF, although maybe a bit more might have worked. I like the color over the B&W, gives it a warmer feel which I think is lost in the B&W. Nice job, once again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back