Leaked Sony RX1 Fits a DSLR in Your Pocket (rumor)

Err - Sony isnt Nikon ?

So nope, thats not a D600 at all ... which is btw much cheaper, too. Body only, though.

To me this camera makes no sense. They put together a standard lens and a standard fotochip - not carefully designed models like with the Fuji X100 to get the most out of it.

So then why make it compact ? I see no reason whatsoever.

Great.. a full frame point 'n' shoot! Sony....lol!

The D600 is rumored to be 24mp, which is the same as this rumored Sony point and shoot. While (ignoring the price) looking like an attractive package, I wonder what's the impact of this design to their micro 4/3 system. Are they saying that soon they will phase out the micro 4/3 system and replace it with a FF compact system?

Talk about investment in a system... things happen too quickly these days.

Err - Sony isnt Nikon ?

So nope, thats not a D600 at all ... which is btw much cheaper, too. Body only, though.

To me this camera makes no sense. They put together a standard lens and a standard fotochip - not carefully designed models like with the Fuji X100 to get the most out of it.

So then why make it compact ? I see no reason whatsoever.

Why make it huge? Look at all the old Olympus, Contax, Pentax, etc.... DSLRs from the 70's onward that were in small compact bodies.

For 2.8k? Hahahahahahahahaha

no

^^^what he said
bigthumb.gif

it will be hard to fit it in your pocket with that lens. It's an intriguing package, but I dont see how it can compete with the XPro/X100 line if the price is real on it. Sure, the specs would be a step up from those cameras, but for more than double the price.

$1000, maybe, $2000, maybe if I was rich, $3,000 ... wtf?

There's a reason Sony's business is down 40% in the last year when most of their competitors are up
bigthumb.gif

Well, maybe they are trying to drive up the "oh wow, that's really nifty - it would be perfect if it were interchangeable" type of hype, only to come out and say "oh, but it is!!!" later on.

Yeah. We can dream, right?

There's a reason Sony's business is down 40% in the last year when most of their competitors are up
bigthumb.gif

According to an article I read recently, Sony has NO class-leading sellers in ANY product category in which they are selling. Zip. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Ah-hah! They can try and CREATE new categories!!! Like the luxury, above $2,600, one-lens pocket camera category. Only half-kidding...their SLT schtick is an effort to create a new category of product, in which there is NO competition. Not_really_kidding_about_this_strategy_either... perhaps this kind of irrational,pride-driven, no-research-whatsoever "leadership" is why Sony is bleeding money.

"Hey, look Ma! No competitors!"

"Yes dear, that's wonderful! You be careful!"

yes! this will definitely make sony a leader in a market for which there is no demand.

No longer a rumour. It's available for pre-order at B&H (link), and the price really is $2,800.

PS I know you guys don't want to hear this, but I think that the RX100 is easily the best in its class. There are other Sony products that are best in class, but you can dismiss them as irrelevant niche products if you wish.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back