Learn photography

ketan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
Can you suggest good online site for enrolling and learning photography? Starting from basic compositions for a serious hobbyist.
Thanks

If your looking for an actual school there are a ton of them online. The only online school I'm familiar with is the New York Institute of Photography. I took their course when I was in High School (40 years ago, it was via snail mail then) and in a lot ways it was better than some of the college classes I took. Someone I know is taking their course now and I've looked over their shoulder some and it looks to still be pretty comprehensive and up to date. They've been around a long time. A good reference or text book is "Photography" by London, Stone, and Upton.

i havent come round to the idea of online schooling etc yet but i can recommend a few good books if thats any help?

Thank you Samanax! When my computer crashed I lost all my favorites and have been scouring the web for that site lol. To the Op: that site and the DYI site have helped me out a ton. And this one of course.

Thanks everyone, it helps.
Tailz03, whilst I do have few books, you may give your list also.

check out all the threads in various sections of www.thephotoforum.com/forum

tons of great knowledge there. it's where i've learned more about photography than the actual courses i took :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back