Learning my way...CC needed

marlix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_0488.jpg
Snaped a photo of my brother in law. He liked it so much but I need some real comments.

Thnx all.

Last edited:
Ummm... unless he's an albino and you shot him in a snow-storm, I'm thinking the image didn't attach correctly! ;)

i am still trying to upload....it seems file size is to big

Try resizing your file. In windows, go to edit, and resize to medium file.

Not bad; a couple of suggestions for future improvements: Try and avoid quite such a centered composition. If you cropped most of the empty space behind him, and about half of that over his head, you'd have a vertical, or portrait composition which make him much more prominent in the image. As well, you've got the horizon nearly bisecting the image and running right through his head. Generally speaking, compositions are strongest when they're off-centre.

If you have a program such as "Lightroom" or "Adobe Camera Raw" you could reduce the highlights a bit and have a better overall exposure.

Decently exposed and in focus but there is way too much space around him with no artistic benefit.
The back of his head is bright and the front dark.
His glasses are full of reflections and we can't see his eyes.
This is a decent snap for the family sake but you can do better.

IMG_0488llll.jpg

You're using something like clarity, shadows and highlights, or other, that creates a white glow around him, try not to overdo that. other than that, centering him is not the best composition, I would crop out some of the left space.

@The_Traveler , we were in harsh light since it was 2 o' clock pm and he wanted a photo with his new sunglasses. I still am pretty new at the marvelous world of photography.
@korreman , yes i figure that out and already made some undo on lightroom but i am very novice at lr either.
Thnx both, much appreciated.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back