Learning to shoot the D90 in manual. C&C Please!

If you are just starting out with a DSLR don't make it hard on yourself, learn to shoot in JPEG. The only difference you will ever see is that in RAW you can save the blown out whites better.
Shooting in RAW and Manual should be considered more advanced techniques for advance shooters that know why they are doing it and know the benefits they will achieve by going that way.
For a beginner shoot in JPEG and try shooting in Aperture priority. Make it easy on yourself.

So far I love Aperture Priority, when im having trouble with manual I go straight to that. Thanks for the suggestion, JPEG is much easier to use on computer too. So far I have just been practicing with everything. Its kind of overwhelming to get used to setting up everything. :lol:

Ya i remember first learning my D90. At first everything seems so crazy how to get a picture to just come out how you want it. But once everything clicks it will be amazing soo much fun well more than it already is because you can focus more on the subject and the camera is like a part of you. Just don't forget all the stuff you're learning now. The little things can be the most important. Have fun and keep shooting.
TJ

If you are just starting out with a DSLR don't make it hard on yourself, learn to shoot in JPEG. The only difference you will ever see is that in RAW you can save the blown out whites better.
Shooting in RAW and Manual should be considered more advanced techniques for advance shooters that know why they are doing it and know the benefits they will achieve by going that way.
For a beginner shoot in JPEG and try shooting in Aperture priority. Make it easy on yourself.

So far I love Aperture Priority, when im having trouble with manual I go straight to that. Thanks for the suggestion, JPEG is much easier to use on computer too. So far I have just been practicing with everything. Its kind of overwhelming to get used to setting up everything. :lol:

Ya i remember first learning my D90. At first everything seems so crazy how to get a picture to just come out how you want it. But once everything clicks it will be amazing soo much fun well more than it already is because you can focus more on the subject and the camera is like a part of you. Just don't forget all the stuff you're learning now. The little things can be the most important. Have fun and keep shooting.
TJ

Thanks, im just getting my favourite settings set up and learning as much as I can so far because im going on a trip soon and if i dont have them dialed I'll waste a week in the west. :lol:

I agree shooting is so much fun, every day I go to school (yes, still in school :() I miss my camera, and just shooting.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back