Leaseville.com. Good or bad?

Sublime1304

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.next-level-designs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been looking around for a full frame canon camera and this site offers a payment plan per month. I can't afford it straight up but I just want to know if anyone has used this site and if its good or bad? Can't seem to sell my camera right now but once I do, I could pay it off

Sent from my ......

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hold off, and save if you could. That place is outrageous on their pricing. What are you trying to sell?

Those prices are crazy. Total item cost is like 5 times the actual price depending on the lease term

Without even looking, I can tell you that Leaseville, or any company that has a lease-to-buy plan essentially charges significantly more than what putting the item on a credit card would cost! Yes, that's right! A friend of mine 'bought' a used car on a lease-to-own plan. If he missed one payment, he knew the repo-man would be there shortly thereafter. At the end of the 24 month lease, he paid about 3 times what the car was worth when he 'bought' it.

In 20 words or less, they would be making money (paid for the camera) probably after you make 3 or 4 payments. After that, it's all profit to them. Even a 12.99% credit card rate would be cheaper if you pay it off in 2 years! And tax refunds work great for paying down credit cards.

Edit: Credit cards can be paid off early without penalty, too. Lease plans may or may not have a prepayment penalty.

Also, maybe a pawn shop has what your looking for...

Last edited:
Hey, just came across this post. If you look at the total payment made over the years, LeaseVille definitely seems more expensive than Best Buy or BH Photo…but, my credit isn’t that great, so, I guess it’s an option for those of us that can’t afford the entire purchase up front.

I just got on chat with them and their reps said my payments can be a lot lower, depending on my credit. So, I don't think I would write them off just yet...If I can lease a camera for $50/month and make $500/month on my side job, then it's def worth it to me.

If you can sell your camera and buy it straight up, you should do that then.

just my 2 cents ;)

Hey, just came across this post. If you look at the total payment made over the years, LeaseVille definitely seems more expensive than Best Buy or BH Photo…but, my credit isn’t that great, so, I guess it’s an option for those of us that can’t afford the entire purchase up front.

I just got on chat with them and their reps said my payments can be a lot lower, depending on my credit. So, I don't think I would write them off just yet...If I can lease a camera for $50/month and make $500/month on my side job, then it's def worth it to me.

If you can sell your camera and buy it straight up, you should do that then.

just my 2 cents ;)

Dealing with these shady deals and high prices your credit may never be good?
icon10.gif

What a rip off.I just looked at a D600 at $84.00 a week for 52 weeks, the lens is not included. By End of the 52 week term total price paid $4,380 thats more then double the retail.

Most reactions

Back