Leaving home again

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My brother came home from Iraq for 2 short weeks and then flew back to his base in North Caolina. This picture was taken at the airport 40 minutes before his flight left. This is the most my mom smiled all day. I thought it was sad to see how somber they both looked once I got the pic uploaded.

MomBrandon-lastdayhome-small.jpg

May God bless your family and keep your brother safe as he serves his country and protects us all.

Your mom's smile will return. It's hard to let a child go, even when it's something they choose.

Thank you for your kind words Anicole. She is doing better now and we're hoping to see him again in 4-6 months. We're incredibly proud of him, but it's hard.

Your photo says more than words can ever tell
Hope your brother stays safe and well and your Mum brave and strong
Noone can feel pain for their children like a mother
Pam

Pammi said:
Your photo says more than words can ever tell
Hope your brother stays safe and well and your Mum brave and strong
Noone can feel pain for their children like a mother
Pam

exactly what I was thinking. Stay strong, there!
And greeeeeeeat picture!

Thank you all for your kind comments, Alison, Pammi, Emo, and Alexandra - its nice to know people are so sympathetic to our situation. I am not yet a mother but as he is my one and only brother, it's very hard. We are so proud of him though, people like him are very special and it takes a brave heart to willingly volunteer, such as he did, after the September 11th attacks. He's our hero.

Most reactions

Back