LED attached to the camera

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really like this photographer
Achim Kluck
And I noticed that he has something novel a smart phone led on his lens. I think the idea is so that you can get lots of photos to stack so you don't need to wait for flashes to charge
Eigenbau - LED Smartphone - Video- und - Fotolicht für das Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1: 2.8 Macro
I think this looks great
Sminthurides aquaticus (Kugelspringer) Collembola

What do people think about this?
I guess something like this you could use

Clip-On Compact Bright 9 LED Light Selfie Photo and Video Smartphone Accessory | eBay

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Flash-Light-Selfie-Smartphone/dp/B00UBESSV8

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow thanks for the link. He is using one of my favorite lens. I have the same diopter he uses but he makes me want to add the extender as well. And holy crap he's using 2 Raynox 250's on that third link you have. That thing must be tiny! Incredible photo.

Those LED's you linked to are to small, 3.5cm x 4cm. I took a look at my lens to get a sense of the size of his LED light he is using it looks to be around 3cm x 7cm in size. And of course the power of the LED lights will make a difference too. Maybe see if he can tell you where he got them from.

If you find any larger ones post the link. I am interested in trying it as well after seeing his photos. When I have some time I'll do some searching as well.

They might be more for lighting than for exposure. High magnification photography is typically very dark work as most means to boost magnification result in light loss and aperture reduction. That and the ultra fine depth of field can be tricky to work with; so good bright light really helps focusing a lot.

The Canon twinflash has a built in light to help so it might be that this user is using the LED lights to give more light for focusing aid than exposure.

LED lights are a bit hit and miss; they have huge potential but a lot of the cheap units out there are pretty low power for photography purposes. If you can I'd ask him what he's using specifically; otherwise do some research and hunt around. I've tried one or two "no name" brand LED lights and found them too weak to replace a good flash.

Wow thanks for the link. He is using one of my favorite lens. I have the same diopter he uses but he makes me want to add the extender as well. And holy crap he's using 2 Raynox 250's on that third link you have. That thing must be tiny! Incredible photo.

Those LED's you linked to are to small, 3.5cm x 4cm. I took a look at my lens to get a sense of the size of his LED light he is using it looks to be around 3cm x 7cm in size. And of course the power of the LED lights will make a difference too. Maybe see if he can tell you where he got them from.

If you find any larger ones post the link. I am interested in trying it as well after seeing his photos. When I have some time I'll do some searching as well.
Those springtails are tiny about .5-4mm long max. I will let you know what I find out.

They might be more for lighting than for exposure. High magnification photography is typically very dark work as most means to boost magnification result in light loss and aperture reduction. That and the ultra fine depth of field can be tricky to work with; so good bright light really helps focusing a lot.

The Canon twinflash has a built in light to help so it might be that this user is using the LED lights to give more light for focusing aid than exposure.

LED lights are a bit hit and miss; they have huge potential but a lot of the cheap units out there are pretty low power for photography purposes. If you can I'd ask him what he's using specifically; otherwise do some research and hunt around. I've tried one or two "no name" brand LED lights and found them too weak to replace a good flash.
Thanks I will do some research.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back