Legal issue

I ll have to read up tonight. And see if I can still do my idea...=) If anything now just for fun to post here. Or are you guys going to turn me in!! ;)

If it's 'just for fun'...I don't think there would be any serious issues. If you wanted to use your photos in an ad...then the copyright issues would be come a problem.

would posting it be an issue then? lol sorry for all the Qs

Don't be sorry about the questions. Isn't that what a forum is for?

As far as posting it here, and I hate to say that because I would love to see what your idea was, I would think that the thread itself is enough to keep you safe but I sure as hell am not a lawyer.

I guess I better run out and get a paper quick!! lol If there not soldout! I ll work on it over the weekend and see what I come up w/!

Now I hope I dont disappoint........lol remember I m new to this ;)

You might want to check out www.copyright.gov and in particular you need to investigate the "Fair Use Doctrine".

When you buy music, you own a copy for personal use only. Any of the art work that comes with it is also just a copy for personal use only.

Posting a derivative work on a public forum could be interpreted as publication and would possibly be subject to an infringement suit against the forum owners. Which is why one of the forum Rules and Regulations states:

"You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated."

Hmmmmmmmm........................thats a buzz kill but thanks for posting it!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back