Legal Question

I recently did a event shoot for a group of people in Washington DC. Being a new photographer, I started extremely cheap, 100 dollars for 5 hours. An hour before the shoot, they cancelled but said I could come shoot anyway. I sent an email stating sure I would come (I had nothing else to do) I got some great shots and sent them a link from Picasa. With the email, I said they could use the photos if they included my name, company name and contact information. Didn't hear any word back from them. Afterwards, I found out they were using the photos without satisfying any criteria laid forth. Do I have any legal ground to stand on?

-Pedro
If you're based in the US and you're feeling rather angry at them, you could have a lawyer draft up a Cease and Desist letter to be sent to their ISP and have their entire site taken down for copyright violations, depending on who their host is. Then again, if it's a revenue generating site they might be able to strike back for damages in civil court for loss of revenue. Then again the draconian DMCA is pretty clear about it.

But I'm just a nobody. Sharpe said he's a lawyer, so he's probably more versed in this than most of us here.

Im not a lawyer either but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn. You shaould be disabling the right click or, save as on your pics at your website. This will help keep most people honest.

Im not a lawyer either but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn. You shaould be disabling the right click or, save as on your pics at your website. This will help keep most people honest.

Load up web page with image ~> View ~> Page Source ~> Look through page source for url to image ~> Open download manager ~> Input URL.

View image at maximum size ~> Press "PrtScr" (Print Screen) ~> Paste into photoshop ~> Save

Save as cannot be disabled.

Most reactions

Back