Legit?

That small $hit they don't want you to be bothered to read. *read exclusions*

Its reconditioned, which I guess means that its referbished, which is why its $100 cheaper, meaning no warranty probably.

Im not sure where to buy it.

Nikon D40 is selling everywhere right now with the kit lens for $449.95. Walmart, Staples, Best Buy, Sears, Office Max, Office Depot..... all selling the D40 for $449.95.

I very much doubt you will get $430 out of yours used.

Just a little info for you.

I already have a fella lined up for $430 during christmas, with my warranty + best buy warranty + nikon d40 for dummiest book + battery/charger.

So if it dosnt fall through that would be cool.

Hmmm, that is a crossroads you're at. A couple of ways to face it is 1) I just saved myself a hundred bucks. 2) I have insurance (homeowners or renters) so if it coughs up a hairball, I'm still covered. 3) I have no insurance, but I could get something cheap to cover it completely, so intstead of saving $100 it's only $60. I'm still ahead. hahahaha. 4) I just spent $xxx on a camera.

Think about it. Do the upgrade (if so inclined), buy the insurance (cheap stuff) and have a good time shooting your new camera. There is nothing wrong with refurbished gear. All it means is that somebody else upgraded and the factory re-certified the gear as good as new and you get a discount. (Respected resellers only apply)

Just my 2¢.

So if I go new egg how long is the warranty I get?

I would like atleast a year warranty, so incase theres anything wrong I will know about it.

New or Refurbished, you should get the manufacture's one year warranty. Accept nothing less. Period.

Why is ths in OT? I'm not getting any credits!!!! And it's good info to boot. :lol:

Most reactions

Back