Lego Bedroom Remodel

Missdaisy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am getting ready to redecorate my 6 year old sons bedroom. His room has been Spongebob for 4 years and we're ready to give him a little bit more grown up room. I am looking for ideas on how to decorate it in Lego theme without it looking Preschool-ish. I don't want to paint it primary colors on each wall, I'm thinking more grown up than that, something that will last him 4 years or so. He's a mature 6 since his brother is almost 10.

Any ideas? Does anyone have pictures that they can contribute?

I will post pictures of the project in progress. First things first, prime the walls. Currently they are an aqua color with bubbles all over to simulate being in Bikini Bottom. :)

Alright scratch that, after doing some google searches I have decided to make it an Indiana Jones themed room. I am going to make the main wall a huge map that looks ancient, and of course with an X to mark the spot.

The Lego thing was going to be too hard to not look like it was for a toddler.

I just want to say that Indiana Jones will not last 4 years, it will last at least 10-15. Indy is bone fide bad-ass forever. Maybe I'll do my apartment the same way....great choice! :)

I'm having a hard time finding a map to use as an inspiration. I can totally picture it in my head but I'm not an artist so it would be hard to tell someone what I want it to look like without showing them a picture.

I just want to say that Indiana Jones will not last 4 years, it will last at least 10-15. Indy is bone fide bad-ass forever. Maybe I'll do my apartment the same way....great choice! :)

Well didn't the first movie come out in the early 80's? And little kids today still know who Indiana Jones is. My youngest has the fidora and satchell, he wears these items almost everyday. Indie is his hero.

Here are some maps you might like.
Yes, I can be a geek....from time to time.

middleearthmap.jpg

Map%20Middle-Earth%20Hobbit%2007.jpg

maps-beleriand-02.jpg

Here are some maps you might like.
Yes, I can be a geek....from time to time.

middleearthmap.jpg

Map%20Middle-Earth%20Hobbit%2007.jpg

maps-beleriand-02.jpg

Sweet! That first map is almost exactly what I'm thinking. I just want to add an airplaine with the red dashes to show the airplanes route.
Thanks Mike!

April

It might be cool to have the airplane be a toy airplane attached to the wall, instead of painted. You could even build some of the topography up (with paper mache blended to the wall) in a few places to add dimension.

Sweet! That first map is almost exactly what I'm thinking. I just want to add an airplaine with the red dashes to show the airplanes route.
Thanks Mike!
There are no airplanes in Middle Earth :er: :lol:

It might be better to use a map of actual places, so at least he can learn geography as well.
old 1800's political europe map (high res) | Royalty Free Stock Photo Image | iStockphoto.com

Of course, but as far as the look and feel the map you came up with has the look I was visualizing. I will reasearch some of the places Indie went and make it true to that.

It might be cool to have the airplane be a toy airplane attached to the wall, instead of painted. You could even build some of the topography up (with paper mache blended to the wall) in a few places to add dimension.

The toy airplane is a great idea! I would have to find a way to securely attach it to the wall so my son won't be able to take it off.

As far as texture that would be cool looking, however that seems kind of permanent. I hate to think of the pain in the rump it would cause to remove it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back