Lego Bedroom Remodel

It might be cool to have the airplane be a toy airplane attached to the wall, instead of painted. You could even build some of the topography up (with paper mache blended to the wall) in a few places to add dimension.

The toy airplane is a great idea! I would have to find a way to securely attach it to the wall so my son won't be able to take it off.

As far as texture that would be cool looking, however that seems kind of permanent. I hate to think of the pain in the rump it would cause to remove it.

....or you can hang the model airplanes or toy airplane by fishing line or a transparent like string/line strong enough.....

Sounds like the rooms going to be awesome!

I have an account with a stock photo house (won't say which one), and they have quite a few "old" maps to choose from. I'd give you a high rez version for nothing if you'd like.

We design environmental branding and print on wallpaper quite often for corporate spaces. It would be awesome to wallpaper one wall with the map. You can usuall get wallpaper printed for about $4 - $5 a sq-foot. If your budget allows that?

We design environmental branding and print on wallpaper quite often for corporate spaces. It would be awesome to wallpaper one wall with the map. You can usuall get wallpaper printed for about $4 - $5 a sq-foot. If your budget allows that?

Hmm, I hadn't considered wall paper. I was thinking about hiring a muralist. But wallpaper would be the less expensive route.

That sounds like an awesome room! I love Indiana Jones, lol. For an 'authentic' map, you should try to find one from the '30s. A good period plane would be a DC-3.
(I can't remember what they actually used in the movies - but a DC-3 would be the right era.)

That sounds like an awesome room! I love Indiana Jones, lol. For an 'authentic' map, you should try to find one from the '30s. A good period plane would be a DC-3.
(I can't remember what they actually used in the movies - but a DC-3 would be the right era.)

Hey thanks for the tips!

Two years ago we decorated my older sons room to be a "Hunting" room. We hired a muralist to paint on main wall to give the room an outdoors feel.
This pic was taken with a p&s, sorry about the flash glare.

DSC00846.jpg

Most reactions

Back