Leica M3

OK, follow up...

The M3 is truly a wondrous wonder. Solid as a rock, smooth as silk. There you have it. :D

I liked it so much that I decided to trade a Canon A1 body and an older 8x10 field camera for a 50mm/2 Summicron and another 35mm Summaron with eyes. These babies are s-w-e-e-t!!!

Mitica100 said:
smooth as silk
I've heard those exact words, several times, about the M3.

Do we get to see the images?? :)

danalec99 said:
Do we get to see the images?? :)

Not knowing exactly what you meant by that, I included three test shots taken on Fuji color film (100 ASA) and developed at the corner store. Sorry, the quality is not exactly one of a pro photo lab but didn't have the time to run to the lab.

Karen1.jpg

Above taken in the backyard of a friend. Upon magnifying it I saw that is very sharp, shot with the Summicron 50/2 and metered with the Leicameter M atop the camera.

SCA.jpg

The original Love sign of the 1970s, photo taken during a break, at Scottsdale Center for the Arts, in Arizona. This is taken with the 35mm Summaron and metered the same.

PSO1.jpg

This is the entrance to the Symphony Hall, taken with the 35mm Summaron as well and metered the same way.

I have to scan another one that I took inside a church, with the crucifix lit by colored light. As soon as I have it I'll post it.

In the entire roll of film (24) I had only one bad frame and that was because of my stupidity, I simply forgot to pull out the Summicron (collapsible) and metered for outdoors. D'uh!!!

The scanned pics above have a slightly reddish cast, I didn't bother fixing it. On the real prints though the colors are very true.

I'll take some shots of the M3 and the lenses and post them tomorrow.

^^ That's what I meant! :)

Two more pictures, taken at a chapel where we played a concert. Both handheld and metered with the old Leicameter M:

CRUXweb.jpg

CRUX1web.jpg

wow... love the colour in the second church shot!

danalec99 said:
wow... love the colour in the second church shot!

Yeah, the first shot was not greatly exposed. The second one is just like being there. You gotta love them Summicrons!

Most reactions

Back