Leica P+S or stick with GR1s?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by SSP, Jan 19, 2005.

1. SSP

SSP TPF Noob!

First of all, as this is my first post, hello! I have been reading some of the posts for the last couple of weeks ever since I promised my self to get better at photography. I have had a Ricoh GR1s for the last 3 years and I love it, it works well as a p+s (almost idiot proof) but can also be semi-manual when I want to try something different. My photography is pretty much everything from street / buildings, sports (I am a keen mountain biker) plus all the usual family gatherings / parties. I have just bought a Yashica 35 Electro to give rangefinders a go, but I think that a controlable p+s is better suited to me (smaller/lighter)

I am thinking about treating my self to a new camera later this year and have been looking at the Leica CM as an upgrade from the GR1s. I shoot a mix of colour and b+w film (Ilford Delta 400 / 3200) so the lack of filter mount for the Leica worries me (I normally use an orange or red filter with b+w, although I have had good results with out)

Has anyone got a Leica CM (or used one) who can give me a run-down on its performance?

thanks

Alex

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Stick with the GR1s! It's a great camera. Besides, all the recent Leica point-n-shoots are made by Sony anyway.

3. SSP

SSP TPF Noob!

The GR1s is staying :)

I have got some filters + holder from Robert White and it will be sent off for a service once the current film is finished (making a gritty noise when the lense extends/retracts) Plus a new Crumpler bag for it....and I still have change left from the "virtual" £700 from not buying the Leica.

Stay tuned for some of my photos....

SSP