Lemmings & Loners

anicole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Raven ... what's with you and the Jovi sig? I mean ... it just isn't the usual Coven Leader style ... so what gives? New song from therapy last night?!?

On another note:

aprilraven said:
me? i can walk in wal-mart, and people cross them selves, and cringe..
i have upped the prayer life in arkansas more than billy graham....

you know no one on here will believe that ... but it's true. Last night, in Wal Mart, we were walking along, minding our own bi'ness and this man grabbed his wife's arm and hissed, "Look!!! Look!" and pointed to us. Now, for once, I was in brown and looked rather like a biggo chocolate kiss … and The Rave was not scary at all. Believe me, we’ve vamped (not the blood type … just got all gussied up) before and bordered on the questionable … but this poor woman nearly dropped her eggs and the husband acted like a puppy about to pee on the rug … and we hadn’t even been cutting up or anything! We were dressed like anyone else that had just gotten off of work.

So … why is there such a problem with people not being lemmings? Why is stepping off the sidewalk a bit such a big deal? Why is it so difficult for people to accept differences?

(can't we all just get along?!?!)

it's all in where you live. you guys wouldn't turn a head in DC or NYC. in fact, what you see here would probably scare the crap out of you.

we are not easily frightened, jon-boy.... thinking we could still give dc a run for its money...

and i was all in black... and felt rough, so i probably did look like bewitched mother on crack or something...

hey pallie, i thought you of all people would appreciate the signature...
( hello, can you say flash-queen to jon bonjovi ??? )

besides, i have that song stuck in my head...for numerous reasons...

feeling the love....

(did i just call the great and pwerful jonmikal jon-boy??? sorry jonmikal.... so sorry.... grieving mother here....)

Believe me I understand. I didn't spend long as a goth, but I did have purple curtain hair, eyeshadow and nail varnish :twisted:, oh and a lot of leather and cyberpunk gear (when it was cool i.e. before The Matrix!). It's great, cos nobody sits next to you on the train/bus and nobody, but nobody, pushes in a queue in front of you. I was about 6' 6" in those boots as well!

I've always been different - never toed the party line as it were. I don't tend to get stared at because I dress in a reasonably restrained way now, but my ideas and thinking (especially in the pub) scare the crap out of the cloned masses. Ask me about gravity, orbiting and NLP when we meet up... :)

Vive la resistance as it were! :)

Rob

Would you go for a cross between this:

sisters1.jpg

And... this
image005.jpg

Lol, surely not?

Rob

It's just odd ... I don't snub someone dressed in ruffles and lace ... it's fine if it's their style ... rock on. Be you. Hoorah Hoorah. Some of my favorite people are flowerie girlie girls and preppy guys ... and I even dig the preppy look. I just tend to run more toward tunics and leggings and great boots.

JonMikal ... we survived Ybor City in Tampa ... they had everything from nude bride & grooms to what I can only assume was actually Satan's sister, holding court. Wide eyed fascination ... like a kid looking in the candy store window ...

Rob ... dude ... you've joined the ranks ... :hail: ... wanna be a Grimm, too?!

That's why I love TPF ... everyone is different and STILL appreciated and welcome. (except for Erniehatt, that is ...:sexywink: )

So … why is there such a problem with people not being lemmings? Why is stepping off the sidewalk a bit such a big deal? Why is it so difficult for people to accept differences?
Just know that as long as you're wondering about stuff like this, YOU are not the one with the problem. :hug::

I think JonMikal is right - part of it is just where you live, how much those around you are tuned in to that big wide world out there.

It's been my experience that the ones who aren't afraid to stand out are usually the ones worth getting to know....so more power to you, I say! :thumbup:

...but I did have purple curtain hair, eyeshadow and nail varnish :twisted:, oh and a lot of leather and cyberpunk gear...
okay, I'm gonna sound like a broken record.....Rob, please, please, please say you're coming to DC! :lol:

I used to live here: http://www.brighton.co.uk/

And you girls would have loved it... It's the ultimate in open-minded living. More vegetarian restaurants, arts, crafts, students, hippies, goths, skaters, stoners, beachcombers, ravers, clubkids, GLBT etc. etc. than people in grey suits. Hence a very laid back attitude.

Rob

Rob said:
Would you go for a cross between this:

sisters1.jpg

And... this
image005.jpg

Lol, surely not?

Rob

one word- YES!

send me a shot of you if you have it, or better yet, put it on here...we wanna see you all gothed up..... let me share, for me, if a guy is in black, and has a long black coat on, and the wounded, angry look....

yeah, i'm there..:lmao:

I don't even pay attention to getting stared at anymore. I dress "normal" I guess but I'm half Korean. I guess that makes me different. I think people look at me now when I'm with my kids just because my kids look full caucasian and I'm obviously not caucasian. I guess they wonder if they're really my kids! :mrgreen: :lol:

I'm not trying to start any kind-off arguement here, I'm just curious for the sake of conversation.

While I consider myself very accepting of all people in this world I still don't dress differently. Does that mean I'm a lemming?

Most reactions

Back