No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey man how's it going?
ma1_61475ykvi.jpg

What do you have in there?
ma1_6148qfj0h.jpg

Aww man, is that Coke? I'm all about Coke!
ma1_6149tmkwn.jpg

Come on man, give me some!
ma1_6155b4kef.jpg

Just a cute little set of something that happened at the zoo today. They love my backpack, I always have to clean it when I get back home from there :p

Why clean it, it will only get dirty again. You probably make your bed in the morning too. :p
Fair point^^ But while I don't pamper my gear I do like to have it in a clean bag :D

What zoo is that at? They have lemurs just runnin' around willy nilly? :aiwebs_016:

What zoo is that at? They have lemurs just runnin' around willy nilly? :aiwebs_016:
I shot this set in Duisburg, Germany.
And yeah! It's a completely open little island with two of these black-and-white ruffed lemurs and ring-tailed lemurs (Ring-Tailed Lemur Flickr - Photo Sharing) There isn't even a door!^^ Just fences behind the trees so they don't get out that way. There are two metal bridges that lead to the enclosure that used to be electric, but once they learned that the bridge is bad they even switched that off.
It makes sense in my opinion. They are smart and they know that they are safe there. We usually get home every day, too :D One of them got out one day, but he didn't actively try to get away, it was an accident because a branch that went over the fence wasn't cut down enough. He panicked because he was out of the only environment he knows, was picked up and never tried to escape again.
But it's pretty sweet. They are just hanging out with you there. They are very friendly and extremely curious, as you can see in my shots, and if they are in the mood for it the ruffed lemurs are also very cuddly! The ring-tailed lemurs are a little shy but if you are calm and don't move quickly they warm up to you, too.

It's just a ton of fun and I love going to that zoo because of these little buggers^^

Wow, that's cool, my kids would go ...ape? ...bananas?

Now all I need to do is plan a trip to Germany.

Wow, that's cool, my kids would go ...ape? ...bananas?

Now all I need to do is plan a trip to Germany.
You don't need to go that far!^^
Duke Lemur Center

But I am not entirely sure how close you can get to them there. They are also free roaming and I have seen photos of lemurs sitting on cameras, but I have never been there :p

Most reactions

Back