Len Alternatives...

Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking at my next lens purchase and i've settled on the Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM but i'm still open to suggestions from the likes of Tamron and Sigma because as always, i'm searching for a good deal. :)

So far i've found the Sigma AF 70-200mm F2.8 EX APO which is a bit of a stretch on the budget but i'm willing to go that bit further for a good lens.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. :)

that 70-200 f4 is a terrific lens. What are you going to be shooting mostly? If you dont need the extra stop, i say just stay with that one, it has a great price tag too.

I'm planning on using it mainly for my car photography but I might throw in a bit of Nature photo work in the mix as well.

Tricky. Right now I have the f/4 version, and I have to say I love everything about it. But, I just cant shoot indoors with it :lol: which is making me contemplate one of 2 things (a) sell it and move to a sigma 2.8 or (b) wait till I get some money from one of the up coming weddings and move up to the canon 2.8 and then sell it.

I will tell you this though, I have taken a crap load of pictures with the f/4 and it has never let me down. That being said, I have to be lame and also tell you to go into a shop and try them out and see which you like :lol: - I cant think of any other lenses that are in the same kinda focal length.

Good luck Ian!

I've got the 70-200 2.8 IS and absolutely LOVE it. That said, I use my 24-70 2.8 WAY more frequently and find that it is by far my most used lens. My breakdown.... 17-35 2.8 Sigma for Nature, 24-70 2.8 L Canon for portraits and nature and 70-200 2.8 IS L Canon for sports (mostly horse shows). I do love the 70-200 for it's compression when shooting nature but typically find that I like to show more of the scene than that lens allows. Just my 2 cents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back