Lenes for landscape

Mole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What are some recomendations on canon lenes for doing landscape shots. Something that works for architecture also and good in low light. Price is not that much of a concern cause I'll have to save some money to get it. Saving money for something is easier if you have a goal in mind.

There isn't an answer, Mole. Landscapes come in an infinite variety of forms. Some are shot with super wide angles and some are shot with super telephotos. Most are shot somewhere in between. No single lens can handle it all.

Your best bet is to look at what you have now and what you miss having based on the kinds of photography you like to do. That will give you better guidance than people on an internet forum telling you what they bought or would like to buy. They are just relating to the kinds of photography they do.

Ya I didn't even think about what angle I was thinking. Anyways I mean a wide angle lens. Telephotos I'll get into laterdown the road.

What camera?

20mm prime would be nice on a FF. 16-35 f2.8L USM is probably the nicest wide angle available, f2.8 makes it nice for low light. For an UWA EF-S fit lens the best currently available for Canon is probably the 10-22 F3.5-4.5 USM.

This will be for my 30D. I forgot about full frame.

Mohain said:
16-35 f2.8L USM

Looks like it might take awhile to save for that :) but hey the reason I said price really doesn't matter is because you get what you pay for.

on 35 mm I used a 28mm f/1.8 and a 50mm f/1.4 prime for a while. I was very happy most of the time with just this combination. sometimes of course you need more tele.

i suppose you have a crop sensor, so then you would need a somwhat shorter lens in the wide angle. as said 20 might be fine.

I personally am also pretty happy with the 17-40 L f/4 ...
and I have t osay in wide angle I almost never desire something better than f/4 .. different at the long end of course.

Mole said:
Price is not that much of a concern cause I'll have to save some money to get it.

That is the best quote ever :biglaugh:

I always thought it was the opposite. :mrgreen:

But got your point there :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back