Lens Across America : ROUND 3!

Update:It has arrived in Phoenix. :trink39: Man I was glad to see that. After all this lens has been through to disappear into the void would be an unfitting end when there's so much left to be done.

I'm in Arizona as well! Yuma.

Say hello to my uncle there. He should be back from Idaho by now for the winter.

Yes.. the "snow birds" are flocking in right about now.. lol more so next month though, its still well over 100 here now.

Hello,

Lens has been received in expected condition. I have to shoot everyday for a 365 project so I'll use it a couple times and have it on it's way to IronMaskDuval shortly.

I've never seen a soft collapsible hood like this before I dig it!

Hello,

Lens has been received in expected condition. I have to shoot everyday for a 365 project so I'll use it a couple times and have it on it's way to IronMaskDuval shortly.

I've got one for a 52?mm thread, if you want it you can have it.

I have to say, this lens is pretty close to done. Using it is a PITA. The focus is pretty messed up. The focus ring is very notchy and you are not able to focus on everything you want. The focal length also play a roll in what you can focus on. So if you get it to a close notch, you may zoom a little to fine tune it

I was mostly trying to set it to infinity and do some scenic landscape stuff but that was too much to ask.

If we don't get another hurricane coming through Arizona today I will shoot once more with it then have it out asap

Then perhaps it's time to end the project.

I'll work on procuring another lens, and we'll pick up where this one left off. Let me check what the local store has available.

But it will be LAA No 4.

It's from circa 1970 as well. It was on my dad's old Vivtar 28mm lens.

Then perhaps it's time to end the project.

I'll work on procuring another lens, and we'll pick up where this one left off. Let me check what the local store has available.

Pretty sad. I was one of the first who used it and it seemed fine to me; the focus would just get hung up every now and again, but that was about it.

I actually like it quite well and would even use one day-to-day on my D600 if I ever came across a good copy; even over my 24-70 2.8 VC.

Pretty sad. I was one of the first who used it and it seemed fine to me; the focus would just get hung up every now and again, but that was about it.

I actually like it quite well and would even use one day-to-day on my D600 if I ever came across a good copy; even over my 24-70 2.8 VC.

I noticed the 'catch' as well. It could well be the lens already was on the downhill slope when I got hold of it. By the description, it sounds like a ribbon cable inside has come loose or gotten broken. Such is life, however.

Well, I went to the local camera store this morning and found a replacement. Details to follow.

Dammit, Sharon... I'm an electrician, not a Lens Doctor!

Most reactions

Back