Lens and filter cleaner

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Freddy C, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Freddy C

Freddy C TPF Noob!

I have a D50 and I accidently touched the mirror on the body (behind the lens), I tired to gently wipe it but it just seems to spread the smudge out instead of removing it.

Also I have a B+W polarizer, which suffers from the same problem. I use one of those soft clothes but it doesn't seem to work.

I was wondering are there and liquid solutions which I need to apply then wipe? If so, which ones would you recommend?

Thanks.

2. Skylined

Skylined TPF Noob!

As for the mirror, that will only bother you while you're seeing though the viewfinder, it won't do anything to your photographs, so if you can handle that, leave it that way.

For the polarizer, if they're just fingerprints, do it with a soft cloth, and if it's just a little bit, don't even bother.

3. kulakova

kulakova TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    well I have a special pensil with a soft rubber side...
    if you will not use this thing - some layers from a this polarised lens will be damaged. that`s what i think!

4. Freddy C

Freddy C TPF Noob!

Thanks for the replies, I have found some cleaning solution that will hopefully work.