Lens Cabin?

Landed on this forums when I tried to search Lens Cabin reviews. Doesn't seem like anyone has done any business with them, the only thing I've read is that it could be a spinoff of Lensclearance.com but that's just speculation.
I've been itching to get the 24-70mm, f/2.8 so I decided to try them out. I agree it does look too good to be true considering B&H has the same one for $1599 but I'm using my Visa credit card so I'm protected in case anything happens. I called my bank to make sure I can dispute it within reason.
So I pulled the trigger on the 24-70, 2.8 just now.
Original LensCabin.com sale price: $1,039.00 plus $50 off 1st new order, free USPS parcel shipping.
Received a shipping confirmation via email.
Waiting to see if and when they send me the tracking#.

Any updates?

:beer:

On may 5th I purchased (on the Lense Cabin website) a cannon EF-S 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 IS AF lense for $515 shipped. Never got an email nor phonecall confirming order.. Credit card was not processed. I received a phonecall on may 22nd and they explained that their warehouse was flooded and they were waiting in an insurance claim..? Then they talked me into a SIGMA-18-250-LENS with a filter kit for 799. Link http://www.lenscabin.com/SIGMA-18-250-LENS-p/31346420.htm ,,,,He said it was a $1400 dollar lense that was on sale and he was able to discount it with 2 additional $150 rebates. I googled this and it comes up for Less then $500. But he said this one one different. - now I admit I am new to this so I think I'm getting hosed. Can someone help me out and let me know if this lense is worth $799.

One more thing. I already recieved the sigma lense and now they are calling me to confirm my credit card number. (this is when I brought up the lense price and he gave me some bull that the lense is glass and the other lense that I googled was cheaper because it was plastic??) I already gave the credit card number on their website, gave it again when he called back to talk me into a sigma lense, and when I asked him why he didn't know, he said the bank asked him to confirm it because it didn't go through. I told him to call back tomorrow. What do you think I should do?

This is a typical bait and switch routine employed by these shady websites. This is why you never buy anything this expensive from a website you've never heard of. The "flood" was a lie. I'm sorry but you got totally hosed. That lens is $450 on Amazon. I'd also watch that credit card really closely. Actually, I would cancel it and get a new one to be safe. If they call back for payment tell them they can either take it back at their expense or match the Amazon price.

Wow. Insane. I wonder what happened to the guy who posted on here. Hope this didn't happen to him either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lens cabin ripped me off good they had me pay with a cashiers check also so no refunds or way to cancel the sale ordera a canon 600ex rt ($599 anywhere) for $380 they sent a sigma 610 dg st ($165 anywhere) but told me it was a new model and was normally a $600 flash, so I called sigma and they took the serial number and said they sell it for $165 the people at the call center refused to do anything and have stopp receiving my calls. It could happen to you you could be a fool too..........

Last edited by a moderator:
On may 5th I purchased (on the Lense Cabin website) a cannon EF-S 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 IS AF lense for $515 shipped. Never got an email nor phonecall confirming order.. Credit card was not processed. I received a phonecall on may 22nd and they explained that their warehouse was flooded and they were waiting in an insurance claim..? Then they talked me into a SIGMA-18-250-LENS with a filter kit for 799. Link http://www.lenscabin.com/SIGMA-18-250-LENS-p/31346420.htm ,,,,He said it was a $1400 dollar lense that was on sale and he was able to discount it with 2 additional $150 rebates. I googled this and it comes up for Less then $500. But he said this one one different. - now I admit I am new to this so I think I'm getting hosed. Can someone help me out and let me know if this lense is worth $799.

Amazon.com: Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM IF Lens for Canon AF Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

amazon has that lens listed for $479.00...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
just reported the site to the FBI. lets see if anything is done about it.

Wow. Insane. I wonder what happened to the guy who posted on here. Hope this didn't happen to him either.
He probably works there. He will be back soon to tell us that it was all smooth sailing and he doesn't know what these other people are talking about.

:lmao:

I rarely buy new lenses. There's a pretty good market out there for quality used lenses and it seems crazy to pay full price. With that said there is a huge potential for fraud in this business so it's good to be skeptical about everything you buy online.

Sorry for the delay guys. I left my phone home yesterday. Update: lense cabin is calling me for my credit card number again. I spoke to my girlfriend and it ends up that we never recieved their lense. I work long hours and she's the one who is home to meet UPS. She ended up buying a basic one when she bought the housing locally and I mistakenly thought it was the one I ordered from lens cabin. I called my Ccd company and they said not to give them the number. After seeing 'rideropurpleage's response, thank god they didn't charge my card. Stay far away from this place!

Why would anyone pay with a cashier's check, lens site unseen?

Most reactions

Back