Lens Cabin?

I was trying give my wife a gift flash for her camera and was doing a search for a nikon SB 700 and came across their website. Their nikon flash seem to be selling for considerably less than other websites so I decided to order from them. I placed my order and shortly afterwards received a phone call from their store. The man on the phone asked me why I wanted it so I told him my story and he quickly suggested I get a Sigma (pro) model instead. Let me point out that I'm about as experienced with digital camera equipment as a turtle is to flying so me putting my faith into this self proclaimed distributer accepted the increase in cost for what was supposedly a better deal. A few days later we received the flash a Sigma EF-610 DG ST. The flash itself was fine but I paid 300 and was expecting the DG Super model. I called lens cabin and the same guy I had talked to before said the one we had gotten was a new model not listed yet and that people were returning their nikon flashes in exchange for it. This prompted me to call Sigma which they replied no such new model existed. We returned the flash but still had to pay a $40 restocking fee. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM imop.

Sent an email the BBB to file a complaint against them and I'll see what happens from there. I'll post updates as they come.

These guys are BAD news. I called the other day just to see how these guy really worked. The are out just to get your money. They list nice Canon and Nikon products on their site and wait for you to buy them then offer you the option of getting a Sigma product because the "item you wanted is out of stock". When I called they offered me a Canon 70-200 2.8 IS MK2 for $1579.00 if I paid while on the phone. Sounds way too good right? So don't fall for it. They then ask what type of camera you are using (7D). The guy Jason then said "why would you waste money for a lens that's not made for your camera?" He suggested I buy the new "PRO Digital" lens which was a Sigma. Now there is nothing wrong with Sigma products, I like them. The biggest thing I found out from these guys and their are more than one working there is that after tracing their phone numbers its actually a "Magic Jack" phone connection that you see on TV, big NO NO. I hope this helps you guy that are on the fence about wanting to buy from Lens Cabin.

If you purchase with a visa/MC the purchase is insured! Why not save money! Wish I would have seen this site prior to spending $2300 on my 70-200 f/2.8 VRII

Uhh.. Because it is a total rip off, and you would never even get a lens? Just a credit card charge?

EDIT: Oops... replied to a Zombie thread... lol! I can't believe anyone falls for this crap... unbelievable! :0

Some real, recent, Christmas time experience with Lens Cabin (aka Lens Clearance, Delta Marketing, 360 Design Nation, Boardwalk Lens, Design Nation Three Hundred Sixty).

I tried to buy a Canon 430EX ii and 580EX from Boardwalk Lens for $598. They insisted on a cashiers check to be handed to the UPS driver. I got my package in a timely -2 day - manner but in stead of the 2 Speedlites it contained a cheap Sigma 70-300 zoom and 4 packages of lens filters. Total online value of about $175. I called and they promised to send the correct product by Wednesday but that day came and went with no notification from UPS and no contact possible with the Boardwalk Lens telephone number. A call to the Bend OR police department and some very quick investigation by them yielded that the Oregon shipper address on the package was a sham, the Boardwalk Lens telephone number was registered in Chicago and the package shipment originated in New York. A call to the UPS fraud department yielded that they they had several other identical complaints from people receiving packages from the same vendor.

Judge for yourself if you want to do business with these people -but for my money, which I'm certain is now lost, these people are conducting a fraud on the photo community. I would suggest that no one risk giving them any business unless you want your money to suffer the same fate as mine.

Anybody out there want a Sigma 70 -300 mm DG Macro lens and 4 packages of Zeikos 3 piece UV+CPL+FL-D filters - 62mm? I'll make a good deal- way less than $600.
Stan Gage

Most reactions

Back