Lens cleaning

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by C_lawgik, Mar 22, 2005.

1. C_lawgik

C_lawgik TPF Noob!

So I had a little accident with my lens. But my brother fixed it for me. But when he did he left fingerprints on some of the glass on the inside. But now I cant get it apart. Does anyone know how to dissassemble a tamorn 28-200?

2. Diamond

Diamond TPF Noob!

I had the same problem.. finger prints on the lense but then i bought a cleaning kit for the lense which was really usefull

3. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

I shouldn't attempt it if you don't know what you're doing - you might have a very expensive accident. You will probably need very tiny screwdrivers, three hands and a lot of patience!

A lens cleaning kit won't do you any good if the prints are on the inside - perhaps you can ask your brother what he did in the first place?

Your best bet would be to take it to a shop and get a professional to do it for you.

Rob

4. BernieSC

BernieSC TPF Noob!

your brother should go into camera repair if he can put back together a tameron 28-200 and it works, thats prettty impressive. Most likely the finger prints will not affect the photos anyway unless they are some greasy finger prints.