Lens compatibility

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Pistygirl, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Pistygirl

Pistygirl TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

Hello….I currently have a D50, and am considering upgrading soon, are the lenses capatible with the D200…..or D300?

Also, has anyone been a big Nikon fan and then decided to try another Brand? Like Canon? If so, how do the other brands compare?

Thanks for taking the time to try and help me!

2. ToddB

ToddB TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, your lenses that you have for you D50 will fit any Nikon camea. The only Nikon issue is with the D40 and it having the AF motor in the lens instead of the body like all the rest of the Nikon cameras.

Sorry but I have no information on Canon. Most people stick with one brand from what I can tell.

3. passerby

passerby TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I read a review briefly about D50 and it seem it has better metering than the D40. Beside that all cameras from any reputable manufactures are all good cameras and good lenses. You are the photographer miss, you are the one who take/took pictures, am I right?

4. Joves

Joves No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Todd answered the question on glass. Never even thought of buying a Canon, I like how the Nikons feel and, work in my hand. If I were you Id get the D300 over the D200 it is a much better improvement. Im saving for a D3 myself but, who knows I may get a D300 in between.

5. Pistygirl

Pistygirl TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

?? Yes, I am the one taking pictures. I am not sure I understand your response....but that is alright. I was just curious if I bought the other Nikon camera, if the lenses I currently own would fit on my new Nikon camera. Or would I have to buy new ones?

6. Offbeat

Offbeat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    They will fit. What lenses do you have?