Lens Compatibility

hacksaw35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a newb., and had noticed that on Ebay the lenses under "film SLR's" were getting a lot less attention (selling cheaper) than the ones listed under Digital SLR. I was wondering if these AF lenses under "film SLR's" were the same thing, or would be compatible...I am mainly interested in lenses that will fit a Nikon D80. Thanks.

That is somewhat of an oversight on Ebay's part, IMO.

As I understand it...any lens made to fit a modern Nikon SLR camera in the last 40 years or so...will work on your D80.

That is somewhat of an oversight on Ebay's part, IMO.

As I understand it...any lens made to fit a modern Nikon SLR camera in the last 40 years or so...will work on your D80.

According to the Nikon web site, the D80 needs AF lenses with a CPU. Apparently they won't boot without a CPU lens. I don't have any pre AF lenses any more to test this, however, so this isn't first hand information. I would recommend to the OP that he choose AF lenses - all of which will work with the D80 with the exception of 4 single lenses made in the 1980's for the F3AF. Those don't have CPU's.

According to the Nikon web site, the D80 needs AF lenses with a CPU. Apparently they won't boot without a CPU lens. I don't have any pre AF lenses any more to test this, however, so this isn't first hand information. I would recommend to the OP that he choose AF lenses - all of which will work with the D80 with the exception of 4 single lenses made in the 1980's for the F3AF. Those don't have CPU's.
Right, The D200 though will work with non-CPU lenses i think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back