Lens Creep When Carrying Camera

jaguaraz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All. I am a rank amatuer and this is my first post on the forum. It is for a relatively mundane question. I have a Nikon D90 with a Sigma 28-300 lens. When I am carrying the camera around using the regular Nikon strap, the lens creeps all the way out. It just doesn't seem like a good thing for the lens to be that loose. Is there some device or way of "locking" the lens so it doesn't extend from just carrying it around? Thanks for any help.

my 24-105 does that only when i hold the camera at about 180 degree angle downward. Its not that bad...rarely ever slips when i'm out shooting.

but you could always send the camera in and get it adjusted, so its tite once again and will stay in place. shouldn't cost more than $100 for the service.

The Canon 28-135 I have is notorious for it, especially with the hood and filters on. It's never really bothered me though.

Hello All. I am a rank amatuer and this is my first post on the forum. It is for a relatively mundane question. I have a Nikon D90 with a Sigma 28-300 lens. When I am carrying the camera around using the regular Nikon strap, the lens creeps all the way out. It just doesn't seem like a good thing for the lens to be that loose. Is there some device or way of "locking" the lens so it doesn't extend from just carrying it around? Thanks for any help.

My Dad has that lens and I could swear it has a lock on it to prevent lens creep. Look for a little switch near the zoom ring. I might be thinking of the Tamron version of that lens. Anyway, that's a very long zoom, and anytime you have a lens with a lot of elements that get pushed forward, you're probably going to have to contend with lens creep.

Wow Gaerek- I guess it tells what an amatuer I am; I looked right where you said and duh- there was a little slider button labeled "lock". Problem solved! Thanks foir the advice and thanks to all of you who responded. One of these days I will build up enough courage to use the forum for CC on a few pics!

Most reactions

Back