lens for humidity

LotusLove

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i know they have lenses for underwater and covers for bad weather but what about humidity?? i live in kuwait next to the ocean so i get 100% humidity about 7 months out of the year...does anyone know if canon makes a lens capable of being used in humidity??? or any camera other than a point and shoot??
tired of being stuck inside all the time :grumpy:

Any lens is capable of being used in humidity; my 18-70 D70 kit lens had no issues, but I would recommend looking for those that are weather-sealed. I've shot all over the Middle East, and your main concern should be dust, not humidity. Be VERY careful when changing lenses out of doors, and avoid using cloths to wipe equipment clean without blowing it off first.

The best thing you can do is aclimatize your gear carefully. If you're going to be shooting out of doors tomorrow, then put your gear outside today in an insulated back and let it warm up slowly and converseley, let it cool down slowly when you're done. I found that typically if I had to go from indoors (usually high 70s - low 80s) to outdoors (135+) that my gear would take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to fully "dry out" and be usable.

It gets pretty humid here in Iowa too. I have 6 of them, 2 in each camera gear bag/case, and they go in the oven for re-activation about once a week. It just becomes part of the routine.

The ones in my Pelican case don't need re-activation as often if I keep the lid latched when I'm not getting something in or out of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back