Lens having problems focusing?

r31ncarnat3d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there, sorry for the lame question, but I'm new to this and hoping I can get some help!

I just got my hands on a Canon Rebel XTi, and with it came a Sigma Zoom 28-70mm F/2.8-4 lens, and it just has problems focusing.

With AF, it would just click and on manual, no matter what I try the lens can't focus on anything, near or far. Is this just lame user error or do I have something I need to worry about?

And as for the body, I'm pretty sure the problem isn't in the body itself because I was able to use a 300mm lens just fine.

Thanks!

Hey there, sorry for the lame question, but I'm new to this and hoping I can get some help!

I just got my hands on a Canon Rebel XTi, and with it came a Sigma Zoom 28-70mm F/2.8-4 lens, and it just has problems focusing.

With AF, it would just click and on manual, no matter what I try the lens can't focus on anything, near or far. Is this just lame user error or do I have something I need to worry about?

And as for the body, I'm pretty sure the problem isn't in the body itself because I was able to use a 300mm lens just fine.

Thanks!
From your brief description and limited testing it sounds like the AF on the Sigma is toast. It sounds like the focus ring gear is stripped.

Most reactions

Back