Lens help please.

robdavis305

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a new 70-300mm nikkor and its awful. It isnt a DX like my other lense and doesnt have the VR. I had a CP and UV filter on cause I was taking wildlife photos outdoors.Did the filters make the pics look like crap or is it one of those, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR deals considering it cost under 200.00 new?

Ive been having trouble posting pics and Im sorry. The pics just didnt have any sharpness to them and the focus was off a little which I dont get with my other lens.

Ive been having trouble posting pics and Im sorry. The pics just didnt have any sharpness to them and the focus was off a little which I dont get with my other lens.

Quick lazy way.

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
upload pic
get
tag'd pic
post in forum.

I got a new 70-300mm nikkor and its awful. It isnt a DX like my other lense and doesnt have the VR. I had a CP and UV filter on cause I was taking wildlife photos outdoors.Did the filters make the pics look like crap or is it one of those, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR deals considering it cost under 200.00 new?
The non VR 70-300 is a marginal quality lens and if your UV filter is not a high quality filter it will have a negative effect on the image quality of any lens, not just thwe 70-300 non VR.

Digital cameras have a UV filter on the image sensor so one is not needed on the lens unless you get up to 300 meters/10,000 feet in altitude.

Only add glass to the front of a lens when you need to, and then only add as much as you need. Having both a UV and a polarizer on at the same time was overkill.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back