Lens Help

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am searching Ebay and I am coming across what seems to be some good deals on lenses but I'm not sure if they will fit onto my camera.
I have a Canon EOS Elan 7ne.

I was wondering if these two would fit onto it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4687&item=7529298641&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7530525041&category=106842&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1
(This one has be confused because at the top is says it will go on a 20D as well)

Also not wanting to post everytime I'm not sure it would be appreciated if you could tell me what to look for and how I will know if it will fit onto my camera or not.

Thanks.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You are looking for EF mount for the canon autofocus. There are FD mounts, and those are for manual focus canon's. I'm not sure how the digital lenses work on film cameras. The optics are optimized for the smaller sensor area of the 20d or digital rebel. The macro lens work work fine on your camera though.

That's right, your camera will accept any lens that has the Canon "EF" mount. Look for lenses that have "EF" in the name or anything that says "Canon Auto Focus". Also, look for "Canon EOS" because all EOS cameras have the EF mount. Most third party lenses have an interchangeable mount (for Canon, Nikon etc.) but it will usually say that in the description.

The exception to the rule is the Canon "EF-S" lenses...which are only for the digital bodies (20D, Rebel & Rebel XT). These will not work properly on your ELAN.

Some lenses are said to be 'optimized for digital'. The should work on your camera but some of them may not be made to cover the full frame of a 35mm negative, so they would not be much good on a 35mm film SLR.

Alright thanks.

Would you recommend getting a macro lens strictly for my camera, or do you think the one for digital will be close enough not to worry about.

If you are doing close-up work the macro is the way to go. Most of these lenses are very sharp optically.

Most reactions

Back