Lens Help

jrriley8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

I have a Canon Rebel t3i with the kit lens. A few months ago I bought the Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II Camera Lens. I do a lot of engagement photography and family shoots.. I'm looking for another lens that is versatile. I'm slowing breaking into the wedding side of the business and I can only get certain looks with the Canon EF 50mm F/1.8II. I want something that will give my backgrounds good detail as well as having a wider view than the 1.8II. Suggestions?

Field of View varies with focal lengths. In general, the shorter the focal length, the wider the Field of View. So use your kit lens and find out which focal length works best for you as far as wider view goes. If you want wider than what the kit lens offer, you may need to look into some lens that offer shorter focal length such as the Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM lens.

To give a good detail background, it really depends on what background. A wall which is 5 feet away from subject is different from trees that are 100 yards away. You can for sure play with different apertures and see how it affect the background.

As far as what lens to get, once you know about lens and how focal length, aperture and quality of the optics affect the photos, you may know which lens to pick. Or at least narrow down to a few to choose from. Of course, cost is another factor to consider.

Hello!

I have a Canon Rebel t3i with the kit lens. A few months ago I bought the Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II Camera Lens. I do a lot of engagement photography and family shoots.. I'm looking for another lens that is versatile. I'm slowing breaking into the wedding side of the business and I can only get certain looks with the Canon EF 50mm F/1.8II. I want something that will give my backgrounds good detail as well as having a wider view than the 1.8II. Suggestions?

The Sigma 30mm 1.4 is pretty good as well as the inexpensive Canon 40mm 2.8 pancake STM lens

IMHO 40mm is definitely too close to 50mm to consider that an in any way interesting option.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back